Charities & Community Focus
We are dedicated to giving back to our community and abroad.
Janice Stompro, a 3rd generation breast cancer survivor, is the founder of Recipes for Research. This widely received cook book written by Janice has earned thousands of dollars for breast cancer research.
As City of Hope’s 2004 Woman of the Year, Janice has received multiple recognitions and awards for her dedication to breast cancer charities. She has appeared in multiple articles and guest appeared on numerous TV and radio programs.
Following are the charities that we give our time and resources to:
- Recipes for Research – breast cancer research
- The Shepard’s Gate – to assist homeless single mothers
- The Taylor Family Foundation – to assist children with life threatening illnesses
- The Special Olympics
- The American Red Cross
- The American Stroke Society
- Sentinels of Freedom – charity surgery for veterans
- International Goodwill – Both Dr. Stompro and Dr. Cheng have participated as surgeons on charity surgical missions abroad to care for congenital deformities in underprivileged children. Dr. Stompro has had multiple missions to Guatemala on behalf of Hospital de la Familia.
- Youth Sports – Dr. Stompro, a former All American quarterback has volunteered in youth sports activities for the last 7 years serving San Ramon Little League as a baseball team manager and been selected as an All Star Coach each year. He currently coaches on the staff of the California High School Football Team in San Ramon.