We’re starting a new Instagram series that will educate and inform you of the newest and best products, services & treatments offered by The Art of Beauty MediSpa!
Get to know our Lead Esthetician – Jen Hicks!
Jen comes to us with over 8 years of esthetician experience and loves to give her patients a restorative and soothing treatment experience. We sat down with Jen recently to pick her brain on essential skincare products and treatments that will give patients that essential glow!
Q: Jen, what are your top 5 must-have products in skincare?
1. Obagi C – Serum 20% – “It is my #1 preventative product! This serum protects your skin from free radical damange, minimizes the appearance of fine lines, and brightens skin from the inside out.”
2. SkinMedica HA5 Hydrating Serum – “It’s such a great product for summer time because it’s so lightweight! The HA5 Serum plumps the skin and fills in fine lines and wrinkles. This is like filler in a bottle!”
3. Obagi Sun Shield – “This is my favorite sunscreen year round. This not only protects skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays, but it also has Infrared protection to protect skin from inside lighting as well! This product is available in clear/matte, cool, and warm tints so I can always match it to my patient’s skin tone.”
4. SkinMedica Retinol – “Everyone should use retinol! This one from SkinMedica is time released so it’s working the entire night to refresh your skin and exfoliates from the inside out. You’ll wake up to renewed, smoother texture in your skin.”
5. TNS Essential Serum – “This is a miracle in a bottle – it has everything you need in one product. The Essential Serum has growth factors that help with hyperpigmentation, plus it actually makes skin act younger thanks to rapid cell turnover.”
Did you know?
We ship skincare products directly to you! Order your products over the phone and we will ship them to your house!
Q: If you could give your patients one piece of advice on how to best care for their skin, what would it be?
A: “Establish a good skincare regimen, no matter how modest, because consistency is what will transform your skin and keep it looking its best. There is no quick fix!”
Q: Jen, what is the #1 thing that people falsely believe about caring for their skin?
A: People think that because they’re indoors that they don’t need sunscreen. But they do! Driving, entering/exiting a building, and indoor lighting can deteriorate skin cells every day. Everyone needs sunscreen, as sun is the major culprit in premature skin aging.”
You will save more money and redeem more specials when you follow us on Instagram and Like us on Facebook.
We will be doing specials that require you to Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Instagram to enter, so follow us now to be prepared!